on Political Partnership
to Achieve the Objectives of the European Integration
Being the political opponents, sharing different views on methods, stages and terms to reform the economy and social sphere of the Republic of Moldova, mentioning the existence of some divergences in foreign and domestic policy issues, Members of Parliament of the Republic of Moldova are adopting the following Declaration on Political Partnership for Four Years (2005-2009) to Achieve the Objectives of the European Integration.
We proceed from the assumption that the further development of the Republic of Moldova cannot be ensured only through the consistent and irreversible promotion of the strategic course towards the European integration, peaceful and democratic resolution of the Transdniestrian problem, effective functioning of democratic institutions and ensuring of national minorities rights. The implementation of these tasks is possible if providing a responsible cooperation of the authorities and opposition, the stable domestic political life, the democratic guarantees for a free development of mass media and strict securing of the independence of the Republic of Moldova in its mutual relations with the neighbouring states.
We consider that the main directions of the political partnership shall be as follows:
- The concerted diplomatic, legal and political efforts, as well as civic initiatives aimed to implement the Republic of Moldova - European Union Action Plan, joint efforts on all spectrum of problems, resolution of which will contribute to early accession of the Republic of Moldova to the European community.
- The concerted political efforts, as well as civic initiatives aimed to create an independent judiciary, which comply with the European Union's standards and norms; the observance of democratic norms and the rule of law as fundamental conditions for any political and institutional reforms.
- The concerted political and legal efforts for the accelerated social development of the Republic of Moldova, aimed to create an efficient social protection system and to reduce poverty. The development of the functional, socially oriented market economy with a favorable investment climate, harmonization of the national legislation with the European standards in the field of free movement of goods, capital, services and labor, elimination of the administrative barriers, fighting against corruption and debureaucratization of the economic life shall be a strategic landmark for the development of the Moldovan State.
- The concerted political and diplomatic efforts, as well as civic initiatives aimed at final and peaceful resolution of the Transdniestrian problem. The political settlement of this problem is to be accomplished under the Constitution of the country and international law, in close co-operation with the OSCE, European Union, Romania, Russia, the USA and Ukraine, to provide for the democratization, demilitarization and decriminalization of the Transdniestrian region as soon as possible. The establishment of an effective customs and border control on the Transdniestrian segment of the Moldovan-Ukrainian border and fulfillment by the Russian Federation of its commitments undertaken at the OSCE Istanbul Summit in 1999 concerning the withdrawal of weapons and troops shall be an indispensable condition of the Transdniestrian regulation, as well as a positive factor for strengthening of the regional and European security.
- The concerted political efforts aimed at the development and full affirmation of the role of the official language as a language of the majority of our country population, as well as the development of languages and cultures of all national minorities in the Republic of Moldova on the basis of the European standards.